Xiaomi, the number 1 Mobile company in India, has kept the consumers busy this year with the launch of Redmi 5 The Compact Powerhouse and Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro – the best budget Smartphones of 2018. However, the goodies don’t end here.
Xiaomi has lots more new mobiles lined up for India launch. Learned Readers, Mi A2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi 7, Redmi Y2, Redmi S2 will enrich the Xiaomi showcase in India soon. In addition the Xiaomi Black Shark Gaming Smartphone has been launched in the International market. There is no confirmation yet whether it will be available in the Indian market or not. Let’s find out what we know about them so far.
1. Mi A2 : This model will replace the hugely popular Mi A1. The mid range offering is expected to be launched in China as Mi 6X on April 25th. The processor will be Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 according to the reports available so far. RAM will be available in 4 GB and 6 GB variants while the internal memory will be offered in a choice of 32 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB. The Selfie camera will be 20 MP and the rear will sport a vertical dual camera setup. The battery will be 2,910 mAh and the screen a 5.99 inch FHD+ with a resolution of 2160 * 1080 pixels. It is expected to operate on Android 8.1 Oreo with an MIUI skin over it. Expected price in India Rupees 14,999 for the 64 GB variant.
2. Mi MIX 2S : The successor to Mi MIX 2 will sport a 5.99 inch display and a 5 MP Selfie camera. The rear features two 12 MP cameras. Your processor will be Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 and the Smartphone will support Qi wireless charging. The battery is 3,400 mAh and RAM is available in two variants ~ 6 GB and 8 GB. 6 GB model will offer either 64 GB or 128 GB ROM and the 8 GB RAM variant will be available with 256 GB of internal storage. Different Mi MIX 2S models are expected to cost between Rupees 34,200 and Rupees 41,500 in the Indian market.
3. Mi 7 : Is expected to be launched in Q3 2018 and may very well end up being the first Android Smartphone featuring 3D Facial Scanning Technology. You will get a 5.65 inch FHD+ screen with a notch and a Snapdragon 845 processor. 6 GB of RAM and 256 GB of ROM. Fingerprint reader along with Qi wireless charging technology. Expected to cost around the Rupees 27,000 mark in the Indian market.
4. Redmi Y2 : Will take over from Redmi Y1. 5.7 inch HD+ display with a Snapdragon 450 processor and a 3,100 mAh battery. 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB of ROM. Selfie camera 20 MP and rear camera 13 MP. The operating system will be Android 8.0 and the expected price Rupees 9,999.
5. Redmi S2 : 6 inch LCD screen with a resolution of 1440 * 720 pixels and an aspect ratio of 18:9. Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with 3 RAM variants ~ 2 GB, 3 GB, and 4 GB. Internal storage will be available in 3 sizes as well ~ 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB. It will run on Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9 and will be powered by a 3,000 mAH battery. The 16 GB model is expected to be priced around the Rupees 6,999.
6. Xiaomi Black Shark Gaming Smartphone : It has been developed in partnership with the gaming product company Black Shark Technology and has been launched in China. The display is 6 inch, 2.5 D, with a resolution of 2160 * 1080 pixels. The processor is Snapdragon 845 and it works in conjunction with an Adreno 630 GPU. Selfie camera 20 MP and dual 20 MP + 12 MP rear cameras. 4,000 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and USB Type-C connectivity. It operates on Android 8.1 Oreo and there are 2 RAM variants available, 6 GB + 64 GB and 8 GB + 128 GB. Learned Readers, according to the information available on the Internet it has been launched in the Chinese market in Sky Gray and Polar Night Colours. The two models cost 2,999 and 3,499 Yuan respectively which is 31,550 and 36,800 when converted in to Indian Rupees. I am sure Indian gaming freaks will be very thankful if and when Xiaomi releases this cool Smartphone here.