Learned Readers, after the under Rupees 10,000 category let us take a look at the best new launches in the sub Rupees 15,000 category this year. As I informed you in the previous post I’ll continue updating this post till the end of month of June and then create a new one for the 3rd quarter of 2018.
The under Rupees 15,000 category is what I’d call ‘the sweet spot’ as far as Mobiles available in India are concerned. While there are some real cool models available in the sub Rupees 10,000 category – one does have to make a few compromises as far as the features are concerned. So, if you are looking to purchase a Smartphone which will be your faithful companion and won’t become obsolete in a few years – my suggestion would be to purchase one of the top models listed below. In case the budget is a limiting factor wait for a few months, go for the EMI/Exchange offers, or beg/borrow from your family and/or friends.
1. Redmi Note 5 Pro : Like its younger siblings the Redmi 5 and Redmi Note 5, which have been included in the previous list, the Note 5 Pro is a true winner from the house of Xiaomi. India’s camera beast is available from Rupees 14,999 and has been designed keeping in mind the Indian conditions. It is the most advanced Redmi Note yet and no wonder is breaking all previous records of popularity. Featuring a 5.99 inch FHD+ display, a Snapdragon 636 processor, 4,000 mAh high capacity battery, MIUI 9 OS skin, 20 MP SElfie camera and 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear cameras it is your complete entertainment package. I hope you are aware about the recent launch of Mi Music and Mi Video Apps which have enough free content to keep you hooked for many lifetimes. To check out the specifications of our number 1 recommendation in this category please visit Redmi Note5 Pro Specs And Features.
2. ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 : Was launched yesterday and according to the reports received so far the response was nothing short of emphatic. It matches the Redmi Note 5 spec-for-spec. This Smartphone has also been made for India. ASUS conducted a thorough research in the Indian market before designing the ZenFone Max Pro M1 and the results are for everyone to wonder and admire at. ASUS knows that the bulk of the market is sitting between Rupees 5,000 and Rupees 20,000 and wants to provide the Indian customers the best choices in this segment. Two versions of the ZenFone Max Pro M1 have been launched and the third one is in the pipeline. Find out the Top 10 Reasons To Buy ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1.
3. Vivo Y71 : Is your world in one hand. With a 6 inch Full View display and super narrow bezels Vivo Y71 has been able to achieve a very impressive screen-to-body ratio of 84.4%. It is compact and lightweight enough to carry and operate with one hand. The 18:9 aspect ratio display 12.5% more content compared with the standard 16:9 aspect ratio Mobiles. Beauty comes in curves and the Y71 apart from being slim and lightweight features a slight curve. This curve enables the Smartphone to fit snugly in your palm. The powerful 3,360 mAh battery coupled with advanced Android 8.1 optimization makes the Y71 very energy efficient. Face Access, AI Face Beauty, HDR, Smart Split with Bigger View, this Smartphone has all the features you’d expect in a Mobile costing twice as much. Vivo Y71 is what I’d call ~ Double The Fun At Half Price. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor and runs on 3/4 GB of RAM and 16/32 GB of ROM. The colours available are Gold and Matte Black. The MRP of the 3 GB + 16 GB version is Rupees 11,990 while the 4 GB + 32 GB variant costs Rupees 13,990. Right now the 3 GB + 16 GB model is available at a discount of Rupees 1,000 on Amazon India. Here are your links : Vivo Y71 Matte Black and Vivo Y71 Gold.
4. InFocus Vision 3 Pro : This Mobile helps you go beyond limitations with its 5.7 inch Full Vision HD Display. 8 MP Selfie camera and dual 13 MP + 8 MP rear cameras offer a fantastic high resolution and fast focus with PDAF feature. The Selfie camera allows you to choose from 7 beautification levels to enhance your looks. It features a powerful 4,000 mAh battery and a potent combination of 4 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM, which is up-gradable up to 128 GB. The ergonomically designed metal unibody lets you admire the sheen without slipping on the grip. While the MRP is Rupees 11,990 Amazon India is offering a limited period discount of Rupees 1,000 on this best selling Smartphone. Please check out InFocus Vision 3 Pro.
5. Honor 9 Lite : Quad Lens ~ Max Your Beauty is another winner from the proud Honor lineage of the Huawei family. As we await the launch of Honor 10 with great expectations let me recommend this Smartphone in case your budget is about one-third of the one required to purchase the Honor 10. Featuring a 5.65 inch FHD+ display with a resolution of 2160 * 1080 pixels the Honor 9 Lite operates on the Android 8.0 OS with an EMUI 8.0 skin over it. It is powered by the Kirin 659, Octa-Core (4*2.36 GHz + 4*1.7 GHz) processor and the battery is a very decent one at 3,000 mAh. Front cameras : 13 MP + 2 MP and rear cameras : 13 MP + 2 MP. RAM 3/4 GB and ROM 32/64 GB, expandable up to 128 GB. Sensors include Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Compass Gravity Sensor, and Phone Status Indicator. A complete package if ever there was one. No wonder the Mobile is among the current best sellers on Amazon India. Buy Honor 9 Lite.