The Indian market has its own peculiarities and the Indian consumers demand real value for money. Mere big names and global reputations combined with huge marketing spends are no guarantee of a product succeeding in India. If you compare the Smartphone market in India with other major countries I am sure you’ll arrive at the same conclusion.
As far as the premium segment is concerned there have been a few launches and some are slated for the coming months. This post presents our definitive list of the top premium and flagship Smartphones of 2018 in India. I sincerely hope you will find this post informative and useful. So here we go.
1. OnePlus 6 : Takes over from the OnePlus 5T. It carries forward the Never Settle philosophy of OnePlus which has seen the Chinese major reach the top spot in the premium segment. With a Snapdragon 845 processor and up to 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of ROM you’ll be always at the top speed and never run out of storage space. The 6.28 inch Optic AMOLED screen with minimal bezels offers a choice between the adaptive, reading, and night mode. The triple camera setup is a decent one with a 16 MP Selfie camera and a dual rear 20 MP + 16 MP setup. The highlight of OnePlus 6 remains its glass design with smoothly rounded corners. A Marvel Avengers Limited Edition has been unveiled as well. OnePlus Bullets Wireless Earphones are the perfect accessory to complement your OnePlus 6. Available in Mirror Black, Midnight Black, and Silk White colours OnePlus 6 is the King of premium and Flagship Mobile phones in India! To know more please take a look at ~ OnePlus 6 : The Speed You Need.
2. Honor 10 : Promises Flagship features at a killer price. While it shares some features with the Huawei P20 Pro the price is much lower and that happens to be the USP of Honor 10. The similarity is not accidental as Honor is a sub-brand of Huawei. The processor is Kirin 970 and your Honor 10 has a 5.84 inch Full HD+ display. With 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of ROM it promises a fast and seamless computing experience. It is being touted as the most beautiful Flagship phone of 2018 and for good reason. The aurora glass design reflects vivid colours from every direction to create beautiful patterns on the rear side of your Honor 10. This premium Mobile features AI powered by an independent NPU processor. The Neural Processing Unit enables the Smartphone to capture better Selfies with the help of the smart scene recognition feature. Find out more ~ Honor 10 : Flagship Features Killer Price.
3. Huawei P20 Pro : It is the real deal. With a never seen before triple rear camera setup it features the best ever Smartphone camera. One which has the ability to match a DSLR. Your Selfie camera is 24 MP while the record breaking triple rear camera setup is 40 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP. According to rumours on the Internet the next Apple iPhone will copy this triple camera setup. Huawei P20 Pro features a 6.1 inch OLED screen and the processor is Kirin 970, same as Honor 10. RAM 6 GB and ROM 128 GB. Available in Pink Gold, Midnight Blue, Twilight, and Black colours this is the Flagship Mobile for all those who want the convenience of a Smartphone and DSLR camera converged in one device. Please take a look at the complete Specifications of Huawei P20 Pro.
4. Galaxy S9+ And S9 : Times change fast and Samsung has slipped to be the number 2 position in the Indian Smartphone market. Learned Readers will be aware that Xiaomi now wears the crown. However, Xiaomi’s Mi and Redmi lineup of Mobiles dominates the entry and mid level of the market. Samsung Galaxy S9+ and S9 are Smartphones backed by US $ 15 Billion of Research and Development. Though there have been some issues with these twins, such as Touchscreen Deadzones, overall they seem to be faring well in the Indian market. Here are the Specifications of Galaxy S9+ in case you’d like to have a look. However, considering the price I’d say the OnePlus 6 and Honor 10 are more prudent choices.
5. Nokia 8 Sirocco : This is a dependable Flagship Mobile featuring solid engineering. With a Snapdragon 835 processor and a 5.5 inch QHD pOLED display it is an extraordinary Smartphone at a sensible price. 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of ROM. Unlike many other top-end Mobiles which no longer feature a microSD card slot Nokia 8 Sirocco allows you to expand the memory up to 400 GB. ZEISS optics and 24 bit audio make the Mobile more attractive as does the seamless unibody design. While it may not figure in the top 3 list of Flagship Mobiles of 2018, I’d rate it higher than Galaxy S9+ and S9. Here are the Nokia 8 Sirocco Specifications and Features.