Today happens to be the first day of the month of May and the great Indian summer is well and truly on. The Times of India tells me Chandrapur was the hottest place in the entire country yesterday with a temperature of 46.8 degrees Celsius. The Smartphone market, perhaps taking a cue from the weather, has been preparing for a host of hot launches this month. Let’s find out a bit more about the new sensations entering the Indian Mobile scene in the month of May 2018.
1. realme 1 : Power meets style on Amazon India with this brand new offering from OPPO. realme1 is a special Smartphone crafted for the youth. Bored by the generic design presented by all budget Smartphones? Wait for the realme1 unique Black Diamond and you’ll surely say wow! I hope you are aware OPPO F7 Diamond Black was launched last month and is selling well in the market. realme1 offers real quality and the Mobile reaches your hands after 10,000 drop tests, 10,000 USB tests, and 100,000 button tests. It’s backed by real service and real power and the whole of India is really looking forward to the May 15th launch of this Amazon Exclusive Mobile. Please sign up for a notification and do share the good news with your family and friends.
2. ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 : Being touted as the Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 killer this Smartphone is a Flipkart Exclusive. It will be available in 3 variants costing between Rupees 10,999 and 14,999. The Specs look pretty cool with a 5.99 FHD+ FullView screen, Snapdragon 636 Kryo Octa-core processor, and a powerful 5,000 mAh battery. However, only time will tell whether it is able to establish itself as the king of the budget segment. Know more about the ZenFone Max Pro M1.
3. Huawei P20 Pro : The Internet is abuzz with news regarding low sales volumes of the iPhone X and the launch of Huawei P20, featuring the much acclaimed Leica Triple Camera setup, is sure to dent the numbers even further. With a never seen before 8 MP Telephoto, 20 MP Monochrome, and 40 MP RGB rear camera setup this is the game changer you had been searching for. If you are looking for the current best camera in a Smartphone, look no further! Early access sale for Amazon Prime members from 12 PM, 2nd May. General availability from 3rd May, 2018. Herez your link for Huawei P20 Pro.
4. Honor 10 : The global launch has been fixed for May 15 and we don’t know the exact price yet. However, there are rumours that it may cost somewhere around the Rupees 35,000 mark. Some experts view it as having design elements similar to the above mentioned Mobile and it is said to be a OnePlus 6 killer which we will discover next. The expectations are real high and we will have to wait a couple more weeks to find out the real deal. In case you’d like to find out what we know through the leaks so far kindly visit ~ Honor 10 and OnePlus 6 : Leaks + Expected Price In India.
5. OnePlus 6 : This Smartphone has secured the distinction of becoming the first Mobile to shoot the cover photo for a magazine in India! The May 2018 issue of VOGUE India features Aditi Rao Hydari, sitting on a white sofa, and looking her usual beautiful self. There is another image of hers featured inside. In case you’d like to check them out and know more about the Smartphone which will be launched in India on May 17 please check out OnePlus 6 Shot These Photos.
Learned Readers, I’d like to close this post with information regarding the Redmi Note 5 price hike. Beginning today, 1st March 2018, you’ll have to pay Rupees 1,000 more for the 4 GB RAM variant. It will cost you Rupees 14,999 now. The price for the 6 GB RAM model remains the same at Rupees 16,999. The reasons given for the price hike by the company were the recent changes in tax structure on PCBA imports and the depreciation of the rupee (by around 5 percent since the beginning of the year), which has resulted in a significant increase in costs for Xiaomi. Xiaomi India MD Mr. Manu Kumar Jain added that the company will be honouring the Rupees 13,999 pre-orders already placed for the Redmi Note 5 Pro on Mi.com – an offer that was only started recently.