HomeAppsGoogle I/O Keynote Highlights : Android P Beta Eligible Smartphones
May 9, 2018
Google I/O Keynote Highlights : Android P Beta Eligible Smartphones
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my Feedburner Feed. Thanks for visiting!
Google I/O is being held at Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California between May 8-10, 2018. This annual event started in 2008 and showcases technical in-depth sessions focused on building web, mobile, and enterprise applications with Google and open sources such as Android, Chrome and Chrome OS, APIs, Google Web Toolkit, App Engine, and more.
Yesterday witnessed the inauguration of I/O 2018 and I am sure you must be curious to know the highlights of day 1. So, here they are :
1. Android P : This is the latest version of Google’s popular Mobile operating system. It gets a new refreshed look and key interactions can now be accomplished through iOS-like gestures. In case you want to cut back the time you spend on your Smartphone you can even set time limits for individual Apps. Android P will be made available to the general public in the next few months. A public Beta version has been released for developers. In case you own one of the following Smartphones you can sign up for the Android P Beta update ~ Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Essential PH-1, Sony Xperia XZ2, Mi Mix 2S, Nokia 7 Plus, OnePlus 6, OPPO R15 Pro, Vivo X21, and Vivo X21 UD. Please visit Android P Beta Devices for more information.
2. Google Smart Displays : It will feature Google Assistant and provide the much needed competition to the Amazon Echo Spot. Google Smart Display will be launched globally in the month of July this year and include the YouTube TV App. Just like the Amazon Echo Spot you can watch videos and make video calls through these Smart displays.
3. Gmail Smart Compose : Will help you write emails with the help of Artificial Intelligence. It will be unveiled in the next few weeks. According to the company the G Suite users will have to wait for a few months for the Smart Compose feature.
4. Google Maps Gets More Social : There is an all new Augmented Reality Street View mode which will help users find and follow directions in real time. Personal recommendations have been added so that Google Maps users can discover nearby places in a better way.
5. Google Photos Gets Smarter : Now users will be able to edit photos with the help of AI. You can separate subjects from the background in images and or even change the colour or turn the background black and white. While you are taking a look at the images gallery Google Photos will analyze your choices and make recommendations to help improve them.
6. AI Curated Google News : The company now uses Artificial Intelligence to analyze all the content published to the web at any moment, and organize all of those articles, videos, and more into storylines. It spots the ones you might be interested in and puts them in your briefing.
7. Google Lens Added Capabilities : Google Lens now has the ability to copy text from the real world and put it inside your Smartphone. The new Style Match feature will help you scan things and purchase them from Internet retailers.
Learned Readers, you may want to check out the following videos in order to know more about the happenings during the opening day of Google I/O 2018 :