Dear Readers, after the Top 5 Fitness Bands and Best Smart Speakers we turn our attention to the latest launches in the Smartwatch segment. The Internet of Things is about to come alive and while I have my doubts regarding how much it can help improve an individual’s efficiency and how successful it will be, I am no one to resist the forces of the all powerful market. If transcontinental mega corporations are sinking billions of US $ in projects related to the IoT they must have valid reasons behind doing so. So, these are the top 5 coolest new Smartwatches you can buy in India during the summer of 2018.
1. Apple Watch Series 3 : Helps you stay connected even while you are away from your Smartphone. Now, you can make calls and send text with just your Smartwatch! Stream 45 million songs from your wrist with Apple music. Siri will help you set reminders, send calendar invitations, or even give your locations, all without your Smartphone. Leave your Apple iPhone X at home and still get alerts from your favourite Apps. Apple Series 3 also happens to be the ultimate Sports Watch and helps take your workouts further. Stay in touch while you work out. It includes a GPS and an Altimeter so you can see how far and how high you have gone. The swimproof watch is always pool and/or sea ready. The workout App helps track a casual walk, an intense ride, and everything in between. Smart coaching gives you a nudge when you need it while activity sharing keeps you motivated by competing with and cheering on your friends. Other cool features of Apple Watch Series 3 include ~ Heart Rate App, Breathe App, Third-Part Health Apps, All Day Assistant, and Three Rings One Goal. This cool Smartwatch is available in two sizes 42 mm and 38 mm. Here are your Flipkart links ~ Apple Watch Series 3 (42 mm) and Apple Watch Series 3 (38 mm).
2. Fitbit Ionic : The first ever Smartwatch from Fitbit is a great choice for workout newbies and veterans. Fitbit Ionic features personalised guidance and insights. Your favourite songs and apps. All the features that you love from Fitbit. This is the watch that you’ve been waiting for! It has a built-in GPS and heart rate monitor. It also happens to be water resistant and features swim tracking. Uncover long-term insights about your health with the help of sleep stages, resting heart rate, cardio fitness level, and female health tracking data. Find motivation that gets you moving. Fitbit Ionic stores and plays music, it works with bluetooth headphones as well. Crisp graphics and a durable design make it stand apart from the crowd. Available in 3 colours it is your constant Health and Entertainment companion. Here are the Flipkart links in case you’d like to check out the Smartwatch ~ Fitbit Ionic Charcoal, Fitbit Ionic Burnt Orange, and Fitbit Ionic Grey.
3. Fitbit Versa : This highly anticipated Smartwatch will be launched soon. It will help show you the way to a more active life with cool features to help you track workouts, optimize your efforts, and stay motivated. With 4+ days of battery life, Apps, clock faces, the swim-proof feature, personalized dynamic coaching, 15+ exercise modes, GPS, and the option to join a global fitness community Fitbit Versa helps you know yourself and know your health. Will post more details as they become available.
4. Skagen Falster Smartwatch : This Smartwatch is big on style and smart without being loud. It is a Smartwatch which is truly beautiful and fashionable. While Skagen has made hybrid watches in the past, Falster is the brand’s first true Smartwatch. It runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 SoC and happens to be the first device launched in India which operates on the Google Wear OS. It can be paired with a Smartphone running Android 4.4 Kitkat or iOS 9.3 or higher. It has 4 GB of internal storage and supports bluetooth 4.1 and WiFi 802.11 b/g/n. The price in India is Rupees 19,995 and your Skagen Falster comes with a two year warranty. Here is your Amazon link ~ Buy Skagen Falster Smartwatch.
5. Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20A : This is a Smartwatch targeted at Hikers. It features a cool indigo pattern and includes all the standard features one would expect in a regular Android based Smartwatch. Plus, you will get low-power GPS and offline mapping. 4 GB of internal memory offers adequate space to store maps in case there is no Internet service available. It also features a barometer, altimeter, compass, activity tracker, bluetooth, and App support. The Smartwatch is water resistant up to 50 metres. The company also emphasizes its military standard 810G durability. Dear Readers, so far the Pro Trek WSD-F20A has not been listed on either Flipkart or Amazon India.